Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Sketch Book Project

Whew! This is going to be a long post. I finished my sketch book for the Sketch Book Project. Here are some of the images I drew.
I used bits of poetry to accompany some of the images.
I also just had a little fun with my own thoughts and words!

I used a lot of quotes from "A Midsummer Night's Dream". Here is Bottom, singing.When Marty was little, he played the part of Bottom in a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream and I made a papier mache head for his performance. I wish we still had it, but I gave it to so many other theater companies to use that who knows where it is now!
I found some really nice black paper in my stash and wrote with a white pen. I like the effect!
The participants of the Sketch Book Project were to pick a theme for their book from a list that they provided.

I picked "Nighttime Stories".
This is the second to last page,
And this is the second page.
More....
and more!
Lots of sleeping and dreaming images.





Here is a mermaid in her night garden.
"A Midsummer Night's Dream " has a beautiful line about mermaids. Act 1 Scene 1.
She has some paper cut-out stars.
And that's the last page! Thanks for looking! The show starts at the Brooklyn Art Library and continues all over the country. You can see all the different art work here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello from Bonnie Scotland......and thanks for stopping by my blog....had to have a look at yours and it's really lovely. Will take my time and have a thorough look over the next few day. Love your illustrations.

Erin | Bygone Living said...

You are such a great artist... this is adorable!

mab said...

love it, love it, love it!!

Marnie said...

wonderful sketching and writing - sounds like an interesting exhibit - lucky you - you got to enjoy the nyc white-out - more to come this week. Yikes. You have been busy!! Love everything.