Monday, January 24, 2011

Celia Birtwell

I've always loved Celia Birtwell's textile and dress designs. She collaborated with her husband, Ozzie Clark and I remember seeing their work as well as Mary Quant's back in the '60's and '70's from my Aunt Peggy. She lived in London and showed me all sorts of clothing and design that she would pick up from Biba, a fashion store that was popular back then.

'


You can see the influence she had on my artwork.
Recently I have started doing a bit of fashion illustration. I did a few sketches when I was in NYC last week.I'll post them soon!
Here is a magnet paper doll that Celia created and sells at her online shop. (I have to say, I might have to get that pink hip flask!:):)
She has wallpaper, stationery......
accessories....
indoor....and outdoor...I want it all!

You can enter Celia's world HERE! Have fun and stay warm East Coasters! :}) That's a Salvador Dali... smile....ha ha you can see the mermaid in the right corner...)

No comments: