Friday, March 19, 2010

Another Egg

WOW! I have an electric pysanka egg decorating utensil but forgetaboutitalready! My friend, Jane Pollak, got it for me. She is THE queen of Pysanka eggs, in my opinion! But I fumble with that thing and have ultimate control with my wee paint brush, so voila!
My black egg.
I paint it with gouache...covers wonderfully and is my paint of choice.
It's water soluble, but now they are making acrylic gouache, and that is working out better, as it is easier to work with.
Jeffrey thinks this egg is the bee's knee's , so guess what will be in his Easter basket...
Here are a few more links! :) here and here xo

2 comments:

Marnie said...

the egg a day is wonderful - love it - miss is and i tried to paint eggs using a kit from jane pollack that we bought years ago - the wax and paint - v hard- did you know that jane is now a life coach - she has a blog too - http://janepollakblog.com/ lovin' this wonderful weather - thought of you as we drove around washington ct yesterday

Nantucket Mermaid said...

Thanks Marnie...I heard it was about 15 degrees warmer than here on the mainland! We are out to the garden today....was supposed to rain, but it's sunny! That's Nantucket weather for you!Cheers!