Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More ceramics

I try to make these ceramic hearts every year for Valentine's Day........They are cut out from a huge Martha Stewart heart cookie cutter....each one is about8 inches tall!
Pink and yellow....I love those two colors together......
A dandy striped heart....

Then there are these little vases that Jeffrey thinks I'm crazy for making....I got the pressed glass girls in NYC back in November when I went to Fishes Eddy.... There were BARRELS of them....I bet they never knew what I could make with them!
I made a wee base out of a biscuit cutter and hand crafted a vase.....
I painted and fired it and glazed it in the kiln......
Then I attached the glass girls to the base....great for those pretty spring buds....like violets and lily of the valley....Tomorrow's feature....ROCKS! :) xo

No comments: