Monday, January 11, 2010

Other People's Ceramics

Hello all....Look at these beautiful creations....Nina is a Dutch artist and I love how she blends the old with the new.......She takes vintage plates and puts her screened decals on them....sometimes she uses cut out special decal film to put words and images on the piece and then fires it up in the kiln.....
some more of her fanciful creations.....
That's a nice valentine's day dish if I may say so! Visit her shop here.....I bet things go quickly!t
I visit Elsita every day...she has a few different blogs....because she is so creative! This is her latest venture....ceramics....A beautiful soap dish....Elsita handpaints each piece....

with a very small brush and alot of patience!...Then she puts a clear glaze on and fires it in a kiln....
Voila! You can visit her shop here and here, although I don't think she is selling ceramic pieces as of yet....
Here are some dainty mugs from Melissa at Tiny Happy....what she does is with a special pen from Pebeo....you draw on a ceramic mug and just fire it in your oven for 30 minutes! I bought some pens for Paul and Ali to play with....one for me too! You can get them here. Thanks, Melissa for the info.....
Visit Melissa'a shop hereMore ceramics tomorrow! :)

3 comments:

Elsita :) said...

Thank you Jeanne! What GREAT POST! I love all the pieces :)
Thank you also for your comment in my blog:
I just visited the link and that's exactly the kiln that I need, the price is perfect and it looks like is has been used only a few times. I left a comment to the seller, I hope that he/she gets in touch back with me. I would be more than happy to purchase it. The challenge is how to transport it to my home. Let's see if I can make this happen! It would be wonderful! Now I need to see where I can find ceramic blanks that I could paint. I made a research online but I haven't found anything great yet.

Have a great day!

Elsita :)

melissa said...

dear jeanne,
thank you for including me in this amazing post- i've LOVED seeing the other ceramics (i'd not seen elsita's ceramic work before and it's beautiful!) as is nina's. thank you again!

Heather said...

oh my! what pretty and dainty creations! I love the look of the ceramics, though I've never tried it myself. THanks so much for the links--- and nice to meet you!