Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Shabby Chic and All

Day two in NYC was a doozy....I walk everywhere and boy, I put in some mileage! We get up and hit a Starbucks about 7:45 am. Then we walk from 11 st in the Village to 29th street right up 7th ave. until we get to the place where Jeffrey is taking his course. He is there all day until 5:30, so I have a nice long time to play and discover. First, I checked out the flower district and then headed up to 18 th Street where I hit all of the art supply stores and Books of Wonder. My first purchase, card stock ,cello bags and envelopes from Paper Presentation.

Then I wandered my way back to the village and towards SoHo.
My first visit to Purl. They have 2 teeney tiny shops on Sullivan Street. One is fabric and sewing oriented, and the other for yarn and knitting supplies. I was lucky enough to arrive at the sewing shop just when they got a big shipment of Liberty of London fabric.

There's plenty of other dandy fabrics to pick from as well.
This is their sample display of Liberty fabrics that they stock.
The Gals were working hard at getting everything in order.
This is the window display. Lots of color!
Outside view of the fabric shop.
And of the yarn shop.
WOW! I don't knit, but I did buy some mohair yard in pretty colors to make some dainty scarves that I saw in a Martha Stewart article....made with a knit wit!
I also bought some blonde, red head, and brunette colors for my doll's hair.
Onward to Babycakes!
It was quite a walk, but I found them. Jeffrey eats gluten free, and this wee bakery makes gluten free cupcakes sweetened with agave instead of sugar. So....


I picked up a DELICIOUS scone with jam to eat right then and there ( non-gluten free) and some gluten free cupcakes for Jeffrey.
They had these great flowers on the counter....kind of a mix between dried and fresh.
Just a tiny little place!Off I went, wandering around until I came upon The Dumpling House....
I had 4 dumplings for 1 dollar! And despite what the review says, the place was crowded, but no line!

I found Shabby Chic on Mercer Street. It's more like a showroom to show off their decorating style.
Did you ever go into a place, and the sales people know that you aren't their to buy anything or get decorating advice so they ignore you? Perfect time to wander around and take a bunch of pictures!
Here's a papier mache cake....I have been thinking of making one to display my cake toppers on....Mine would look more like this....HA!


I love the fabric inspiration.
Here is a bedroom scene...
with cloths strewn about....

The bed is great! I then wandered some more and went back to the Village in a round about way. I've never been to Three Lives and Company, so I decided to make my way there.
A great little bookshop with an incredible selection of books in such a small space. I got this book and headed back to get ready for dinner.
Here's my catch of the day.....pink spray roses from the flower market....my mohair yarn from Purl....Babycakes cupcakes....I like those pastel colors!

My stash from Paper Presentations.....
We ate dinner at Risotteria, a gluten free Italian restaurant in the Village....Gluten free pizza, gluten free apple pie....the best crust I have ever tasted! xo:):)

No comments: