Friday, May 15, 2009

Gardening with Jeffrey

Jeffrey loves to garden....
Here's what we've got....raised beds that we share with our neighbor...some sun, some shade....

Jeffrey loves his garlic!We have a cold frame where we grow lettuce and herbs all year, and start seedlings in the spring...I heard we may put in a little cold frame near the house for kitchen herbs next year....


Yes, there is his beloved garlic....



This is some of the lettuces that he wintered over in the cold frame......




Beautiful! And they are even more abundant after 2 days of rain.....




Only one thing missing....MORE FLOWERS! He made me my own raised bed for Hollyhocks, forget me nots, WHITE marigolds, WHITE nasturtium, zinnias, morning glory, Sunflowers, and whatever else I can fit in it. Jeffrey puts in kitchen gardens, cold frames and the like, right here on the Island....Catch his blog HERE....xo






No comments: