Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Party day

It was the day of Nantucket Bookworks(http://www.nantucketbookworks.com/ )staff party. I planned to hang our new wreath from Charlie and Marykay, make a big batch of honey glazed chicken and butterfly cookies to bring to the party, make a few little catnip treats for the kitties,and whip up a ginger bread house.....the party was at 6pm....I had about 6 hours to do it in......
The ornaments were all excitedly waiting for "honey" to bring the tree home.....

all the ingredients for the party......


Ella said she would help....



I hung the wreath from Charlie and Marykay....




the chicken came out great! I let in cook for a few hours while I made the cookies.....





Ella got the dough from the fridge....I got the royal icing ready.....














I could only cook 6 cookies at a time....I just moved in with "honey" and I only found a weenie tray from the toaster oven to bake on....WWMD?...I said to myself.... charge ahead!....hey I still have a few hours! One batch at a time....right in there with the chicken....








frosting cookies isn't as easy as it looks....I'll have to keep practicing!









yum....










yum...











yum!












Voila! 6:45 pm.... (Catnip mice in the background)whipped those up while "honey" got dressed.....













Gingerbread dough....never made the house....I forgot that we didn't have cookie sheets and gave up...stuck it in the freezer to make gingerbread men for Marty and Paul....






























Still waiting.......

No comments: