Thursday, May 26, 2011

Spring Bud Vases

I've been loving all of the Spring flowers around at this time of the year, so I made some more vases.
She is my favorite! I made her out of papier mache, but I am going to make a ceramic series next.
I took a little glass vase and papier mached the little lady around it.
I put some antique lace on her collar and a few coats of polyurethane. I may add a necklace as well.
There's the vase part in her hat! I think I'll name her "May". She has a hook in back for hanging on a wall.
Here is a medley of repainted plastic toy horses mounted on a papier mache base with a wee vase for buds.
I put a bit of rouge on it's cheeks. :)
I added paper flowers to this one.

I think this was a zebra. I had fun with these! They are all in the shop and I'll put them on etsy as soon as I can!
Have a great day and thanks for looking! :):)

2 comments:

Erin | Bygone Living said...

Absolutely adorable... love the first one especially!

Julie said...

Your work is so pretty! I love it all!