Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Floral Wreaths

I got a bunch of beautiful paper and silk flowers that I love just looking at, but I knew I had to get to work and make something for the shop.
I decided to make a hanging rose and butterfly mobile.Here is the little bead detail on the top.
I got a medley of flowers together. Then I masked a piece of heavy wire with florist's tape and added leaves that I flocked with Martha's flocking powder. This was my first time flocking. I am now a flocker :)
I just used a glue gun to apply the flowers and then stitched them in place to make them extra secure.

I hung wee butterflies from brass wire, et voila!
It adds a bit more color to the pastel look that I have had for summer.

I also made this rose wreath.It is about 24 inches round and full of beautiful flowers and leaves.
This is one of my favorite flowers. I love the color! I put some butterflies on this too.
Now it's back to all of those orders.Stop by for a peek! I'm open everyday 10 to 5 and Sunday 10 to 2....:):)

No comments: